Friday, October 16, 2009

Vegan MoFo!

Ok – departure from our normal “relationship” topics in honor of Vegan MoFo!
http://seesaraheat.wordpress.com/2009/10/16/vegan-mofo-my-first-vegan-survey/
I saw this survey over on See Sarah Eat, which I am now going to read everyday – thanks Sarah!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I do not like Soy or Rice milk in general. But chocolate soy milk is ok.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Moroccan Butternut Squash Stir-Fry
Curried Sweet Potato & Wild Rice Soup
Mediterranean Tuno Salad
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I made the vegan Macaroni and cheese from Skinny B... and it was pretty meh.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Regular dill pickles – but I love those!
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have about 10 recipe books, but only two are Vegan! I am recently reformed.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I throw most things away except for glass, plastic and cans which I recycle. I rarely use my garbage disposal.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Watermelon, Peanut Butter and Asparagus
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Putting the chocolate stars on Christmas Cookies with Mom and sisters.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
I think it’s called Coconut Dream – so good the coconut flavor!
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
It used to be my coffee been grinder – but now I don’t do coffee. I suppose my food processor.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Ooh – I have to pick two – ginger and garlic!
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The one my Mom compiled for me from her own recipes. Except now I cannot eat any of them!
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Grape
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
I just throw together a mix of Thai Peanut Tofu, carrots, brussel sprouts, onions, mushrooms and any veggies we have (squash and zuccini are delicious) sautee in Peanut Oil and serve over brown rice.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I like tempeh At McFosters Natural Kind Café, but don’t enjoy it when I make it. I like chicken style seitan for my vegan chix noodle soup, but mainly tofu esp House steak.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner – just because I never have time for Breakfast or Lunch.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Omg – so many things (have two roommates) two pans, cereal, bread, coupons….
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Garden Burgers, Sweet potato fries, asparagus
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Various veggies – just went shopping so don’t need too much.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods - it just makes me happy to be there!
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Lasagna – but I’m nervous!
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
Vegetarian Frugal Housewife
And I am going to start reading
See Sarah Eat http://seesaraheat.wordpress.com/2009/10/16/vegan-mofo-my-first-vegan-survey/
and her recommended:
Happy Herbivore http://happyherbivore.com/
and Happy Vegan Yogini http://veganyogini.blogspot.com/

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
:( I haven’t found one yet.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Peanut Oil - but totally worth it!
Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment